These crisps are a great appetizer to serve along with your favorite white wine. The dough has a slight sweetness which pairs well with the tangy blue cheese, spicy green onions and fresh delicate chives.
3 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
2 pre-made raw pie crust dough
1 package room temperature reduced fat cream cheese
1 cup blue cheese crumbles
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup minced chives
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Freshly ground black pepper
1) Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine the onions, cream cheese, blue cheese, mayonnaise, chives and paprika in a small bowl.
3) Roll the pie crusts out on a flat surface. Using a 2-inch round dough cutter, cut the dough into rounds and place them on a parchment lined baking tray about 2 inches apart.
4) Spread 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture on top of each dough round.
5) Place the tray in the oven and bake the crisps for 15 to 18 minutes until the dough is lightly browned and the cheese mixture is bubbly.
6) Remove the crisps from the oven, lightly sprinkle with paprika and pepper, and transfer them to a serving dish. Serve warm.