This version of cauliflower gratin uses a sauce made from light sour cream, reduced-fat half and half, and aged Parmesan cheese, which gives the cauliflower a light, delicate flavor as compared to traditional heavy cheddar or bechamel sauces.
The preparation and cook times are quick and easy making it a great option for a weekday dinner side dish.
1 head of cauliflower
1 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup reduced-fat half and half
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1) Cut the cauliflower into florets, place them in a steamer and steam them for 8 to 10 minutes until tender.
2) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
3) Transfer half of the cauliflower to a food processor and add the sour cream, half-and-half, salt, and pepper. Process the ingredients until smooth.
4) Transfer the remaining half of the steamed cauliflower florets to a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
5) Pour the processed cauliflower mixture into the pan over the florets.
6) Combine the butter, Parmesan, and breadcrumbs in a small bowl, and sprinkle the mixture on top of the cauliflower.
7) Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until heated through and the breadcrumb topping is browned. Serve hot.