What better way to kick off the 4th of July weekend get together than with these delicious bite-sized poppers. Each one has the perfect ratio of smoky bacon, creamy cheese and spicy jalapeño.
One word of warning; make sure you have plenty of them on hand. They’re always a hit and they’ll be gone before you know it!
1 jar sweet cherry peppers
½ cup reduced fat cream cheese
2 jalapeño peppers thinly sliced in rounds, seeds removed
12 slices thin cut bacon, sliced in half lengthwise
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) Rinse the cherry peppers and pat them dry. With a sharp knife, slice the peppers in half and scoop out the seeds.
3) Fill each pepper with the cream cheese and then lay a slice of jalapeño on top.
4) Wrap each pepper with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
5) Arrange the peppers in a skillet and cook them over medium heat, 6 minutes per side or until the bacon has begun to crisp.
6) Transfer the peppers to a foil lined baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 4-6 minutes until the bacon has browned and the cheese is hot.