Forget about serving your family those over processed cinnamon rolls from a cardboard tube on Christmas morning. Bake up a pan of this sweet Hawaiian stuffed French toast instead! The warm ooey-gooey cream cheese layered between cubes of sweet Hawaiian bread covered in a custard filling of eggs, milk, cinnamon and maple syrup is the perfect holiday brunch!
Even more importantly, you can prepare it the night before and simply pop it in the oven the next morning. Less time in the kitchen means more time with your family!
2 – 8oz. packages of reduced-fat cream cheese cut into 1-inch cubes
1 round of Kings Hawaiian bread cut into 2-inch cubes
1 dozen eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 cups milk
1/2 cup confectioners powdered sugar
1) Spray an 8 x 12 baking dish with cooking spray and arrange half of the cubed bread in the bottom of the pan.
2) Next arrange the cubed cream cheese on top of the bread.
3) Layer the remaining half of the bread on top of the cheese.
4) Combine the eggs, cinnamon, syrup and milk in a mixing bowl and pour evenly over the bread.
5) Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
6) The next morning, remove the pan from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
7) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and place the pan in the oven, still covered. Bake for 45 minutes.
8) Remove the foil and bake an additional 15 minutes until the top is browned and the cheese is bubbly.
9) Remove the pan from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting. Dust the French toast with a light powdering of confectioner’s sugar and serve with extra syrup.