Reese’s peanut butter eggs are delicious on Easter morning. However, a close second would have to be these bacon and date glazed sticky buns! And they’re so easy to make – you only need 9 ingredients and 30 minutes. Using pastry dough results in a much flakier and crispier crust than the pre-made cinnamon rolls you’ll get from a cardboard tube.
1 package puff pastry dough, thawed to room temperature
1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup dried dates, pitted and finely chopped
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
2) Unfold a sheet of puff pastry dough onto a sheet of waxed paper.
3) Brush the whole sheet of the dough with the softened butter, leaving about a 1/4 -inch border on all sides.
4) Sprinkle the brown sugar across the surface of the dough, followed by the bacon, dates and cinnamon.
5) Carefully roll up the dough like a jelly roll and cut the roll into even pieces, approximately 1 1/2-inches wide.
6) Gently pick up each piece and set it spiral side up on a Parchment lined baking sheet.
7) Place the pan in the oven and bake the sticky buns for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown.
8) Remove the pan from the oven and allow the sticky buns to cool for 5 minutes.
9) Mix the confectioner’s sugar with the milk and vanilla extract until you have a thick glaze.
10) Drizzle the glaze over the sticky buns and serve warm.