This hearty dinner is perfect during the cold winter months when you want a ‘stick to the ribs’ meal. The salty, crispy meat is a wonderful contrast to the buttery, creamy polenta, and will warm you from the inside out!
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups prepared polenta
2 cups cooked pork sausage
2 cups ham, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
2 cups prosciutto, chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped sage
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1) Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook one minute until fragrant.
3) Add the sausage and cook for three to five minutes until browned, breaking the pieces to a crumbly consistency. Stir in the ham and prosciutto and cook an additional five minutes until the meats are browned and crispy.
4) Pour the wine into the pan to incorporate any crispy bits stuck to the bottom. Season the meat with the salt, pepper, rosemary and sage and cook for one more minute.
5) Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and spread the polenta along the bottom of the dish. Cut the butter into 1/4 inch slices and place them a few inches apart on top of the polenta.
6) Layer the meats on top of the polenta and place the dish in the oven. Bake for twenty minutes until heated through. Serve hot.