As a self-proclaimed ‘foodie,’ there are times when I am faced with challenges due to having two very picky eaters in my home. I’ve learned over the years, that there are times to pick my culinary battles as to what I serve for dinner that we will all enjoy, versus when I have a taste for something that I know I will be eating all by myself. For example, Brussels sprouts. My husband and daughter have another, less appetizing word for them. I, however, call them delicious. And hello – they’re glazed with bourbon bacon marmalade! Double-delicious!
1 lb. fresh Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
2 tbsp. olive oil or bacon drippings
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
½ cup Bourbon Bacon Marmalade *
1) Add the oil or bacon drippings to a large saucepan and set to medium heat. Add the sprouts cut side down and season generously with salt and pepper.
2) Cook the sprouts until slightly caramelized, 8-10 minutes. Add a little water to the pan if needed.
3) Stir the sprouts gently, cover the pan and continue to cook 4-6 minutes longer until they are cooked to the fork-tender texture you like.
4) Add the bourbon bacon marmalade to the pan and stir, coating the sprouts with the glaze.
5) Transfer sprouts to a dish and serve warm.
*This recipe was featured on March 18, 2015, under the category of ‘Sweet Cravings.’ To get the recipe, click here!