This dish is perfect for anyone on a low-carb diet. The firm, meaty texture of the mushrooms is a wonderful companion to the tender chicken and bright flavors from the pesto and fresh basil. Toss a handful of spring greens with a tangy vinaigrette, and you have a delicious, quick, healthy dinner.
4 large Portobello mushrooms
2 cups cooked chicken meat, finely chopped
1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup prepared pesto
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1) Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
2) Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
3) Place the cleaned, and de-stemmed mushrooms face up on the foil.
4) Combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and distribute the chicken filling into the mushroom caps.
5) Place the pan in the oven and bake the mushrooms for 20 to 25 minutes until they’re tender and the filling is browned and bubbly on top. Serve hot.