Fresh lobster meat can get a little pricey. However, there are times when you just need to throw that budget out the window and allow yourself the indulgence (and the decadent feeling of naughtiness) that comes with eating it!
Imagine the look of surprise on your Christmas or New Year’s party guests faces this year when they see these luxuriant hors d-oeuvre/cocktails! They’re the perfect combination of sweet, tender lobster, followed by the smooth, spicy, smoky sauce. And any left-over sauce makes a fantastic bloody Mary!
2 – 3-ounce lobster tails, thawed
1/2 cup spicy vegetable juice cocktail
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup vodka
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 tablespoon chipotle puree
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Sriracha
1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
1 teaspoon celery salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Zest from one lime
2 cups of ice
1 – 3-ounce lobster tail makes four shots so this recipe will make eight shots total.
1) Fill a pan with water deep enough to cover the lobster tails, and stir in the Creole seasoning. Bring the water to a boil. Add the lobster tails to the pan and poach them for 6 minutes.
2) Prepare an ice bath by putting the ice in a bowl and adding enough cold water to cover the lobster tails.
3) At the 6 minute mark, remove the lobster tails from the pan, and transfer them to the ice bath. This will prevent the meat from cooking any longer.
4) In a small bowl, combine the vegetable juice cocktail, ketchup, vodka, chipotle puree, lime juice, Sriracha, Liquid Smoke, celery salt, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper.
5) When the lobster is cool enough to handle, cut the outer shell open and carefully remove the meat from the shell. Cut the meat into 4 equal sized portions and discard the shell.
6) Spoon about 4 tablespoons of the cocktail mix into the bottom of a shot glass, followed by a piece of the lobster meat. Garnish with lime zest and serve.