When I think of Halloween, one specific food memory immediately comes to mind – the smell of Halloween candy. If you used to trick or treat with a plastic pumpkin bucket, you know what I mean. All of the chocolate, gummy, sweet, sour smells mingling together as one were a child’s dream.
As I prepared for Halloween this year, I found a lot of Halloween themed food recipes, but not as many drink recipes fit for the occasion. This vibrant sweet and sour drink using Sour Patch candies and Pixie Stix is the perfect opportunity to get creative and serve your party guests something flavorful and fun.
2 ounces strawberry-lemonade vodka
2 ounces green apple pucker
1 ounce simple syrup
1/2 cup sour patch candies
1/2 cup ice cubes
1 lime cut into wedges
Pixy Stix candy sugar
1. Place the sour patch candies into a glass container.
2. Pour the vodka into the glass with the candies, and soak the candies for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
3. Strain the vodka into a chilled martini mixer, and discard the soaked candies.
4. Add the apple pucker, syrup and the ice to the mixer, then cover and shake vigorously.
5. Pour the Pixy Stix candy onto a small plate in the diameter of the rim of the martini glass.
6. Rub the pulp side of a lime wedge around the rim of the martini glass, then dip the glass, rim side down, into the candy sugar.
7. To serve, strain the martini into the glass and garnish with a few Sour Patch candies.